The RAS Business Breakfasts, hosted by the Royal African Society and sponsored by Diageo are a regular series of events for senior executives of companies, NGOs, policymakers and other experts.
The business breakfasts provide an opportunity for business people and others to deepen their understanding and knowledge of the role businesses play in Africa's socio-economic development; attendance at the RAS Business Breakfast is by invitation only and open only to corporate members of the Society.
The breakfasts are hosted by Richard Dowden, Director of the Royal African Society and addressed by leading business or political figures in, or from Africa.
Our past speakers include a wide range of individuals from a variety of sectors including
- Gordon Brown, former Prime Minister (UK)
- Frank Braeken, Executive Vice President, Unilever Africa
- Babatunde Fashola, Governor of Lagos State, Nigeria
- Niall FitzGerald, Deputy Chairman, Reuters
- Moeletsi Mbeki, deputy chairman, South African Institute of International Affairs
- Sir Mark Moody-Stuart, former Chairman Royal Dutch Shell
- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate and President of Liberia
- Dr George Chikoti, Angolan Foreign Minister
Invitations to the business breakfasts are available only to RAS corporate members at the discretion of the RAS.